Castrol Rustilo™ Aqua 639 (previously called Aquasafe™ 639) is a water-based, wax emulsion with outstanding adhesion and durability on various substrates.
It dries in about 15 minutes to a satiny film, without losing its wax characteristics or lubricity. It can be used over lightly oiled surfaces and will dry to a tack-free surface.
Rustilo Aqua 639 provides a temporary protective coating to help preventing corrosion during storage and shipment of parts.
It is recommended for metal surfaces, i.e. aluminum, steel, stainless steel, copper, and galvanized and plated metals, where a waxy coating can be employed to give effective exterior or interior rust protection.
- Use as a torque reduction and corrosion resistant lubricant on various fasteners
- Use as a corrosion preventive and decorative coating on cast iron
- Use as an anti-graffiti coating over various surfaces including vinyl, rubber, plastic, painted surfaces, metal, and other surfaces.
- Provides a dry, imperceptible barrier film over various surfaces. Graffiti adheres to the barrier film of Aquasafe 639 and not to the coated surface.
- Commonly used as a nonflammable, dry film lubricant and corrosion preventive on electrical connectors, pins, screws, and other electrical components. Does not inhibit the flow of electricity in electrical connectors.
- Excellent release properties make it capable of being used as a mold release agent for flexible or rigid forms.
- Rustilo Aqua 639 can be applied by almost any commercial method—flow coat, immersion, wipe, or spray.